Thursday, February 22, 2007

Eat it, Just Eat It

I saw this article on Yahoo today and it ruffled my feathers -- aka my
womanly thighs.

if you don't feel like clicking on the link here's the lead-in: "A new study debunks the widely held belief that diet plus exercise is the most effective way to lose weight. Researchers report that dieting alone is just as effective as dieting plus exercise."

the article goes on to admit that "regular exercise can improve aerobic fitness and lower the risk of heart disease, diabetes, and certain types of cancer."

ok -- a: make up your f-ing mind. soon some dude in a white coat is going to be telling me that he did a study on mice and crocodiles and found that eating a diet of pellets and human will help you shed those pesky extra pounds.

b: "regular exercise can improve aerobic fitness?" the use of the word can is what bothers me -- to me, using the word can makes it sound like that claim hasn't been proven true -- let me tell you something -- if you exercise not only can you improve but you will improve. like now i can walk up a flight of stairs without sitting down half-way through and crying. soon -- 2 flights and before you know it, mt. mother fuckingeverest.

c: i feel like hundreds of thousands of dollars were spent to research something that we probably already know and that isn't necessarily helpful.

d: i probably won't climb mt. everest because a lot of people die trying to do that and even though i'm sure i could do it i'm what some would call a sissy -- i call it self-protection.

in other news, sex can result in pregnancy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does one sense that Shaygo is in a mood? And is the last sentence a reflection of a new revelation?

Miliana said...

In other news - Water, Still Wet. I understand what you're saying - the "experts" have been trilling nonstop that it's the combination of diet and exercise that is the magic bullet - now they're changing their minds?

Anonymous said...

Wow - for a brief shining moment there I thought I was off the hook and could continue to use my treadmill as a clothes hanger.